What separates vampires in the series Twilight by Stephanie Meyer is that the author did little to no research regarding vampires, making vampires as depicted in Twilight almost something completely different.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
All vampires possess superhuman physical and mental attributes.
- Superhuman Strength - Their superhuman strength gives them the ability to subdue their prey, uproot trees, throw cars, and crush metal.
- Immortality - They are immortal and difficult to destroy, only permanently killed when dismembered and then burned, as their body parts continue to move even after being detached.
- Superhuman Stamina - Vampires are unable to sleep and they do not get tired. They do not need to eat, breathe, or blink. They do not sweat.
- Superhuman Senses - Vampires have powerful senses.
- Superhuman Agility - They can jump to great heights.
- Superhuman Speed - They can move, run, swim, react, speak, and think at speeds that surpass 100 mph. They have superhuman reflexes.
- Healing Factor - Vampires are immune to all human diseases and illnesses.
- Eidetic Memory - Vampires have perfect recall.
- Edward Cullen