Shang Tsung's island is a small, isolated landmass found within an expanse of ocean known as the Lost Sea. This area actually exists between the realms of Earth and Outworld and can be accessed from either realm without the need of a portal. Throughout the centuries, the island has been the location of the Mortal Kombat tournament where the warriors of Outworld and Earthrealm clash in order to determine Earth's fate. After Liu Kang achieved victory over Shang Tsung and ended his corruption of the tournament, the island has since remained abandoned.
- Courtyard - This area served as the main arena for Shaolin fighting competitions and Mortal Kombat matches.
- Gardens - A scenic garden containing a variety of exotic greenery as well as various statues of past kombatants.
- Warrior Shrine - A shrine dedicated to past champions of Mortal Kombat.
- The Pit - A pit of metal spikes set beneath a marble bridge. The remains of many kombatants can be found here.
- Goro's Lair - A subterranean dungeon where the Shokan prince Goro resides while awaiting his turn to fight in the tournament.
- Shang Tsung's Palace - Shang Tsung's personal residence. At his leisure, the sorcerer sits upon his throne to watch Mortal Kombat bouts within the throne room.