Randall "Randy" Boggs is the secondary antagonist of Monsters, Inc. and the supporting protagonist-turned-tertiary antagonist of Monsters University. He is Sulley's arch-nemesis, Mike's arch-rival and former best friend, Mr. Waternoose's partner in crime, Fungus' former leader and boss, and Johnny J. Worthington III and Chet Alexander's former best friend.
Randall is a sneaky and mean lizard-like monster who likes to brag about his top scaring. He would always get upset when Fungus annoyed him. He even threatened Fungus that if his door doesn't go right on time in his station, he'll kill him by putting him through the shredder.
Sometimes, Randall gets into small disagreements with Mr. Waternoose, but overall, has trust in him as his loyal henchman. He is also more evil than Waternoose and Fungus.
Similar to a chameleon, Randall has the power to blend into his surroundings.
- Randall is constantly believed to be the secondary antagonist of Monsters, Inc. and one of Mr. Waternoose's former henchmen. This is not true as the first film has stated itself that Randall is the true mastermind and boss.
- As well, Randall is repeatedly believed to be the deuteragonist / tritagonist / secondary tritagonist-turned-secondary / tertiary / minor antagonist of Monsters University.
- His original names were Switt and Ned. He was named Ned in the early treatments and then Switt in the original opening.
- Randall is the second Pixar villain to be physically fought, the first being Stinky Pete.
- Randall is ranked #27 in the Top 30 Disney Villains.
- He shares the same first name and many traits of Randall Weems from Recess. Both characters are sneaky, mean-spirited, and have the same posture.
- For some reason, Randall is the only scarer in the first film that is referred by his first name on the Scarers' Leaderboard rather than by his last name. This could imply that "Randall", at one point, was actually going to be his last name rather than his first name.
- In Monsters University, it was once rumored that Randy is Randall's middle name. This is not true at all as Randy was simply his nickname in college.