Meat is a skinless humanoid creature that appears in the Mortal Kombat video game series. Originally, he had appeared as a secret joke character in Mortal Kombat 4, but would be given a backstory in his final appearance in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.
The creature known only as Meat was originally a genetic experiment produced in Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits. He escaped from the sorcerer's clutches before he was completed, fleeing to regions and realms unknown. Though he is believed to have been present during Shinnok's invasion of the realms, he avoided becoming involved and remained in the shadows.
Meat would appear again during the Battle of Armageddon. While the Forces of Light and Darkness clashed, Meat bypassed the battle altogether, reaching the top of the Pyramid of Argus unnoticed. There, he fought and defeated the fire elemental Blaze, gaining its immense power. With the power, Meat gained the ability to shape-shift, taking on the forms of others as he wished. However, this ability caused Meat to lose all sense of identity and so he disappeared into obscurity once more.
When he appeared in Mortal Kombat 4, Meat had no moveset of his own. The player could only play as Meat after clearing Group Mode with every character, after which Meat would take the place of whatever character the player chose from then on and have full use of their abilities. Meat would only gain his own moveset in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.
- Mimicry - Meat is capable of recreating the abilities of other kombatants.
- Head Roll - Meat pulls off his own head and rolls it like a bowling ball toward his opponent.
- Teleport - Meat melts into a mass of blood and reforms behind his opponent.
- Meat Slide - Using the blood covering his skinless body, Meat slides across the floor on his back, tripping up whoever is in his way.
- Mutilation - Meat pulls at the eyeball dangling out of its socket, causing it to ricochet back into place. Weirdly enough, this restores some of his health.