The Last Giant is the first boss to face off with in Dark Souls 2. Found in the Forest of Fallen Giants, which in lore, was the battlefield between human soldiers and giants fought in a great war, started by queen Nashandra. he is found impaled on a large stone pillar, ripping himself out of the ground.
- Superhuman Strength - The Last Giant is capable of pulling himself out of the ground and usually deal heavy amounts of damage to an ill-prepared player.
- Nerveless - The Last Giant, when at half health, can pull his entire arm off and use it as a crude bludgeon.
- Ankles - The player is capable of running through the Giant's legs and cut at the ankles. However, if not careful, the giant will step on the player.
- Slow Movement - The boss is very slow and cumbersome creature, making it very easy to attack it without punishment for long periods of time.
- Though the name implies he is the last of his kind, there are actually two other non-memory giants that the player can fight for a key that opens two doors, one for a covenant quest and another for Havel the Rock's armor.
- There is a boss called the Giant Lord which shares a similar body structure and makes similar noises.