Ghosts are the disembodied souls of either humans or other creatures that have left their bodies either by death or astral projection. Ghosts haunt the areas they died in. If they leave their haunts, they die (permanently). Dying at the hands of a ghost is an unnatural death; so if you are killed by a ghost, you become one of them.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Possession: Ghosts can take possession of other people's bodies and minds.
- Phasing: Ghost have no density and can phase through any solid object.
- Superhuman Speed: Ghosts move very fast.
- Flight: Ghosts can float or levitate.
- Intangability: Ghosts can pass through any wall without being hit or hurt.
- Telekinesis: Ghosts can move objects and manipulate/interact with the world around them with only their will.
- Invisibility: Ghosts cannot be seen unless they want to be.
- Holy relics: A holy relic such as a crucifix, will halt, destroy or cause a ghost to flee.
- Iron: When a Ghost is surrounded by iron it cannot cross through, and when they are hit by it and it can burn or hurt them.
- Salt: By surrounding your house's open areas like windows, doors etc. Ghosts cannot go in a house also by surrounding one's self with salt, Ghosts cannot touch them.
Peaceful spirits can be convinced to cross over into the afterlife, leaving the physical world. Ghost are always linked to something much like items or mostly their corpse. So the best way to kill a Ghost completely is to burn that certain item that links them to Earth, destroying them, mostly you have to burn their corpse to kill them, if cremated,they are linked to something else,sometimes a house or something they have cursed on like cars etc, if your hunting them down what you have to do is know what your up against,through that it'll be easier to kill the ghost. Remember, ghost's are not immortal. Usually when someone becomes a ghost their power or potential is more active because they are in spirit form,but all ghost takes time before the can use their power, commonly an angry spirit is driven by rage thus it's they learn their powers faster.
A mischievous subspecies of Ghost that can reproduce is called a poltergiest.
If someone dies an unnatural death, with some important task left undone, or if they were very attached to a place or object, they may become ghosts.
Some ghosts are not ghosts at all and can be demonic.
Ghosts can phase through matter, levetate, and turn invisible. Some say they have magical talents like telekinesis and telepathy. They leave a slimy residue called ectoplasm.
Its hard to see a ghost, but sometimes you can hear them and thats called EVP (electronic voice phenomena).