Original timeline Edit
Fujin is one of the few remaining gods following the War of the Heavens between the Elder Gods and Shinnok. When Shinnok attempted to invade the realms during the events of Mortal Kombat 4, Fujin fought alongside Raiden and the champions of Earthrealm to defeat the dark god and send him back to the Netherrealm. After this victory, Raiden was granted Elder God status and Fujin replaced him as the guardian deity of Earthrealm. His time as guardian would not last as Raiden relinquished his status years later to battle the threat of the Deadly Alliance.
Following the return of Onaga and with the threat of Armageddon looming, Fujin joined the Forces of Light in defence of the realms. His main focus, however, was Raiden, who had seemingly been corrupted following his resurrection and was killing many innocents in the name of protecting Earthrealm.
Fujin also participated in the Battle of Armageddon in Edenia, joining the Forces of Light. He was killed along with all the other kombatants.
Alternate timeline Edit
In the altered timeline created by Raiden's interference with past events, Fujin joins Raiden and the forces of Earthrealm in protecting their world from the onslaught of Shinnok. The wind god stands with Raiden as they try to prevent Shinnok's forces from seizing the Sky Temple and corrupting the Jinsei, Earthrealm's life source. The two deities were almost defeated until Johnny Cage saved them at the last minute and beat Shinnok.
Fujin has absolute control of the elemental force of wind.
- Gusting Cyclone: Fujin spins like a tornado which sucks the opponent in and throws them to the other side.
- Air Funnel: Fujin uses a gust of wind to lift his opponent and slam them down.
- Wind Kick: While airborne, Fujin comes down and kicks the opponent. In MK4 and MKG, Fujin can make two kicks.
- Tornado Wind: Fujin launches a small tornado at the opponent, causing them to spin around wildly and setting them up for an additional combo.
- Crossbow Kill: After levitating the opponent, Fujin shoots his crossbow at them, causing them to explode.
- Skinner: Fujin concentrates a huge blast of wind at the opponent that rips their skin clean off.
- The character of Fujin is closely based on that of the Shinto god of wind of the same name.