Dhampirs are mortal beings which are half-human and half-Vampire. Dhampir powers are similar to vampires, but without the usual weaknesses. Dhampir are referred as any hybrid of one human and one vampire parent; they are half-breeds not vampires themselves. It was believed that male vampires have a great desire for women, so a vampire will return to have intercourse with his wife or with a woman he was attracted to in life. Some traditions specify signs by which the children of a vampire can be recognized, like having untamed dark or black hair and lack a shadow, possible indications include being "very dirty", having a soft body, no nails and bones (the latter physical peculiarity is also ascribed to the vampire itself), a deep mark on the back, like a tail, a pronounced nose, and having larger eyes, ears or teeth.
Known Powers and Abilities:Edit
- Enhanced Senses - Like vampires Dhampirs have extremely keen senses that are superior to those of humans.They possess remarkable hearing and a strong sense of smell. They are also able to sense the presence of other vampires.
- Enhanced Agility - Dhampirs possess amazing agility.They can climb up walls and jump off buildings without hurting themselves.and they also have greater reflexes than humans.
- Night Vision - Dhampirs can see in the dark.
- Superhuman strength - Due to being half-vampire, dhampirs are far stronger than humans, and can lift several times they own weight.
- Superhuman speed- Dhampirs are fast as vampires.
- Supernatural Regeneration- Dhampirs can heal from wounds and disabilities. Wounds from bullets and crossbows have little effect on them.
- Wall-crawling- Dhampirs can adhere to sheer surfaces.
- Magic - Dhampirs are also capable of using magic.
- Daytime Walking - Dhampirs don't possess the same limitation to sunlight as vampires do, allowing them to be active during daytime.
- Vampirism Immunity - Dhampirs are immune to the vampirism venom/virus when/if bitten by a vampire.
- Aging - Due to being half human, Dhampirs are not immortal like vampires, they live longer than humans but eventually they will pass away from old age.
- Blood Thirst - Although not always vital for their survival, dhampirs feel the need of drinking human blood.
- Non-Vampirization - Dhampirs are unable to turn humans into vampires or into other dhampirs.
Known Dhampirs: Edit
- Blade, from the Marvel comic book series of the same name and three movies based on the comic, is explained to be a Dhampir.
- Rayne, the protagonist of the BloodRayne series of video games is explained to be a Dhampir.
- Alucard from Castlevania and D the Vampire Hunter are both claimed to be Dhampirs, and Dracula's sons.
- Renesmee from Twilight is the daughter of a human and a vampire wich makes her a Dhampir.