Deathclaws are a race of genetically modified reptilians from Interplay Entertainment’s Fallout series of video games. They were one of the first mutants created in the Fallout timeline, as they were manufactured before the Great War. Deathclaws are mutated chameleons, changed to a point where they lost their ability to alter their pigmentation.
- Deathclaws were made to fight off Chinese forces trying to infiltrate America; as such, they are capable of dealing considerable damage, and can survive a beating in return.
- Deathclaws have been modified to see through darkness with incredible clarity.
- Deathclaws are notorious for pursuing a target for hours on end.
- Deathclaws are fast runners and hard hitters, as they were designed for missions that required these properties.
- Deathclaws also have a high degree of knowledge in the arts of warfare and hunting, and are capable of outsmarting normal human beings on a regular basis.
Hairy Deathclaw (Fallout: Tactics)
- In Fallout: Tactics a player may find a creature high in the mountains; a Deathclaw with fur on it's body. The Hairy Deathclaw is a Deathclaw given the genes to grow fur, which were created to survive in colder climates for winter combat.